Saturday, November 8, 2008

Week Two Technology Report

I completed the Technology Inventory Report that was due today. I was able to talk to the lab instructor as well as discussing with the teacher the resources technology wise that are available to her and her students. As for myself, I used a video camera to tape myself while teaching a lesson so that I could critique and analyze my teaching. I have not yet seen the students use much technology except for an overhead projector. However, there is a computer lab in the school, and it our class's turn this next week to go twice.

I did not see a lot of integration of technology into everyday learning, but it was comforting to see that technology was important enough to the school for classes to go 2 1/2 hours once a month, from 1st grade on up. The older classes are able to use more time in the lab because teachers know that students can type. Because of this, there are more computer related assignments for the students.

As stated above, I also used a video camera. The students seemed distracted by its presence, but that may have been because they felt that they were on the spot or that the camera was more interesting than the lesson I taught. All in all, there is minimal technology use in the classroom, but I hope to implement more this next week.

I plan on integrating technology into my guided reading lesson this week to help illustrate several points about the book, as well as bring up questions about comprehension. I hope to use a Power Point type technology so that students will become more familiar with resources and also so that the students may refer back to the questions that I ask.

1 comment:

D and S Heaton said...

I love technology...and white horses at weddings.